Two 200 level students found dead in their hostel in Michael Okpara university, allegedly poisoned.

Two (2) 200 level students simply identified as Victor and Decency, friends and room-mates has been found and confirmed dead in their hostel room in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) on Wednesday 9th of November.

It was alleged that the neighboring students in the hostel had discovered them and broke into their room to help but were already lifeless. Decency, one of the deceased up until his passing was the incumbent Public relations officer (PRO) of the Student union Government (SUG) and was said to be re-running for the second time. They were both friends and sharing a room up until their demise.

Although it has not been ascertained the cause of their deaths, it is suspected that both boys might have died from poisoning as an eye-witness stated that Victor was said to have vomited blood and Decency was said to have a white substance coming out from his nose. According to some sources, the boys sent a motorcyclist to get them food, after which eating they had died the next day. “We don’t know anything about the bike man or the food they bought, All we know is that we found them dead in their room, that’s all we know”. The university has confirmed the unfortunate incident through the PRO officer of MOUAU, Adanma Odefa confirmed the death of the boys.

Mrs Adanma Odefa then also said that the bodies of the deceased has been evacuated and that their parents have been contacted and informed. Speaking to a Vanguard journalist, she said that the police had conveyed the bodies to the morgue and anything that is left is for their parents. The families have been informed so we are not talking about this. Although it is not certain but autopsy would be conducted on their bodies, let us all be careful and wary of where we purchase cooked food and consumable goods as they might not all be safe and rather hazardous to our health. If need be that we purchase cooked food, it should be bought from a well certified, safe and known location. The duo is suspected to have been poisoned from whatever food they had consumed.

May their souls rest in perfect peace and may the Lord give their friends, families and loved ones the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable losses. Please do say a word of Prayer for these souls.

Lolade Omole

Lolade Omole is a prolific writer, poet and also an active web developer.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button